Natural Stone is available in many types of stone, colours, sizes and finishes including filled or unfilled, honed, flamed, polished and natural split finishes:
- is a volcanic stone featuring exceptional hardness and durability
- is the hardest common building stone making it exceptionally durable, colourfast and stain and scratch resistant
- is a sedimentary rock composed mainly of calcite’s (shells of marine animals, some up to 140 million years old from the Jurassic period)
- is a metamorphasised rock formed from limestone featuring stunning veins
- is a sedimentary rock formed as the result of water, ice and wind patterns composed of compacted sand with minerals determining its colour
- is a form of limestone deposits precipitated from spring water or hot springs featuring a distinctive grained effect and Swiss cheese surface unless filled
Note: Properties such as consistency, hardness and porosity vary widely between each type of stone. Our experienced sales staff can advise you which types of stone are the most suitable for your individual design and living requirements.
Natural stone does not require a lot of maintenance to keep it looking fabulous. Sealing immediately after installation is highly recommended to guard against surface staining and to make regular cleaning easy.
Natural stone tiles can be installed in the same manner as ceramic tiles by any of our recommended tilers. Variations in pattern, shading, pitting, fissures, veining and chips are all characteristics of nature stone which must be expected.
- Matching bullnosed copings and corners – stock sizes and made to order*
- Stone wall cladding modules – in various colours and finishes
- Stone cobbles and curb stones
- Solution Sealers stone care products – for application, cleaning, sealing and restoration
Note: Being a natural product, stone is subject to variations in colour, tone and shading. Every stone tile is unique. Always check colour match before installation and mix crates and boxes to create a natural blend before fixing. Pitting, fissures, veining and chips are all characteristics of natural stone and must be expected.
If you have seen other Stone types not featured in our website chances are we stock it. Please contact us on 0800 466 378 to discuss.